Marijuana is a substance that is illegal in some parts of the world. However, its use is legal in other countries because of its medicinal properties. One of the medicinal components of marijuana is cannabidiol. What is Cannabidiol? It is a natural chemical found in marijuana/cannabis, which is used to stop seizure episodes triggered by epilepsy. A marijuana or medically known as cannabis has hundreds of cannabinoids and each of them has various effects on the body. In the United States, marijuana can only be used for medical purposes.
What diseases can be treated with marijuana?
- Seizure episodes can be significantly reduced or prevented with the help of cannabis. Aside from epileptic seizure, it can also help treat other types of diseases such as pain secondary to arthritis and multiple sclerosis, management of hepatitis C, and preventing some types of cancer.
- Medical marijuana can help in losing weight. What it does is it regulates the production of insulin. It improves the body’s metabolism. This explains why people who use marijuana have less body fat.
- Cannabis can significantly reduce the episode of depression and anxiety. If a person is anxious and restless, taking cannabis can certainly help because of its mild sedative effect.
- A cannabis can help improve mental concentration and focus. In fact, some people take cannabis before examination as it helps in retaining memory and further improving mental performance.
- Cannabis is one of the most effective ways to combat smoking addiction. Unlike tobacco, cannabis does not have any negative effect on the lungs. Surprisingly, it eliminates the ill effect of tobacco.
- People who are under a great deal of stress take cannabis because of its relaxing effect on the body. Cannabis is included in the treatment and management of people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
With the medical benefits mentioned above, many countries all across the globe are taking the necessary steps to finally legalize the use of cannabis. A Cannabinoid in Hemp & Cannabis should be used under the supervision of a medical professional to make sure that it is not abused in any way.