When the two important vertebrae in the neck; the atlas (C1) and the axis (C2), are misaligned, body imbalances may occur. Accidents, any traumatic event, or some chemical changes in the body are some that may cause the misalignment of the vertebra from its proper places. If one of these happens, proper and correct upper cervical care must be initiated to the patient so as to avoid any further discomfort, pain, and damage to the body.
The vertebra is parts of the spine, and the spine is part of the central nervous system that includes one of the most important parts of our body, the brain. Brain transmits messages to the body, and if one of its parts gets damaged or injured, the brain cannot function properly. Malfunctioning of the brains can significantly affect other bodily functions such as balance, digestion, breathing, and the likes.
Having a thorough and proper upper cervical care of the patient is a must. The prognosis primarily depends on the overall condition of the patient and the compliance with the treatment and remedy. Chiropractors in Brandon FL has a lot to offer when it comes to the best upper cervical care. Since every patient has a different response to treatments, they have to consider these important factors that may help them in achieving a positive result and great prognosis throughout the therapy:
- The exact patient’s compliance with the physician recommendations
- Maintaining a good physical, mental, and initial health
- Take consideration if how long the spine has been injured
- Take note of the age of the patient – younger patients have the faster recovery than the older ones, but still depending on how they comply with the treatment.
- Depending on how they manage their physical and emotional stress
- The severity or the percentage of damage to the spine structures
For the patients who have upper cervical misalignments, they have to follow their Doctor’s scheduled appointments in order to monitor the status of their condition. They must comply with the needed regimens so that they will achieve the wellness that they want and to live more in an active and normal way.